Effective January 1, 2019, the cost to ride the Dulles Toll Road will change to $3.25 at the Main Toll Plaza, and $1.50 on the ramps for 2-axle vehicles. Click here for more details and rates for vehicles in other classes.
2012 Toll Setting Process - Archive
2012 Toll Setting Information
Public Hearing Materials
Click below to download materials for the 2012 public hearings:
- Press Release issued August 17, 2012 about the public comment period and public hearing schedule
- Driving directions to the public hearings (hearings were completed)
- Exhibit boards from the public hearings and the on-line open house (PDF format)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the toll rate proposal (PDF format)
New Toll Rates Adopted - November 2012
- Click here to view the Nov. 14 Board of Directors meeting agenda. From there you can click on the items related to the "Regulation Establishing Toll Rates on the Dulles Toll Road."
- New toll rates were adopted into MWAA Regulations by Board Resolution 12-29. Click here to view the Resolution.
- Click here to view the Press Release about the adoption of the new rates.
- Click here to view the Press Release about the new 2013 toll rates taking effect.
- Click here to view the Press Release about the new 2014 toll rates taking effect.
Report on Public Comments - October 2012
Click below to download the elements of the report prepared following the completion of the public hearings (PDF format):
- Report Cover / Table of Contents / Introduction / Summary of Comments
- Appendix A - Comments by ID Number
- Appendix B - Commenter ID Number by Topic and Themes
- Appendix C - Commenters Arranged by Last Name
- Appendix D - Comment from Reston Citizens Association, Reston 2020 Committee
- Appendix E - Airports Authority July 2012 Proposed Regulation
Click here to download the October 17 staff report presentation to the Airports Authority Board Committee.
Archived Public Notice
Below is the public notice issued prior to the 2012 public hearings. A press release was also issued.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is hosting three public hearings to inform and solicit comments from the community about proposed toll rate increases along the Dulles Toll Road beginning in 2013 to support the construction of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project and Dulles Toll Road improvements.
These public hearings will be conducted in an open house format, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., as follows:
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Stone Bridge High School - Cafeteria
43100 Hay Road
Ashburn, VA 20147
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
South Lakes High School – Cafeteria
11400 South Lakes Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Spring Hill Elementary School
8201 Lewinsville Road
McLean, VA 22102
There will be informational exhibits about the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project, the cost and financing of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project, the Dulles Toll Road and potential improvements that may be made to the Toll Road, the revenue anticipated to be raised as a result of the proposed toll rate increases, and how this additional revenue will be spent. Representatives from the Airports Authority will be present to discuss these items.
The public comment period on the proposed toll rate increases will run from August 17 through September 16, 2012. An “On-Line Open House” will be available on the Airports Authority website at www.mwaa.com/tollroad throughout the comment period. It will contain an explanation of the informational exhibits and a comment form. Comments may also be submitted at the public hearings, or mailed during the comment period to: Dulles Toll Road Proposed Toll Rate Increases, 3900 Jermantown Road, Suite 300, Fairfax, VA 22030.
For special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, citizens may call (703) 934-4639 at least 10 days prior to the hearing they wish to attend.