Toll rates on the Dulles Toll Road are set by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, which is responsible for operating, maintaining and improving the toll road. Toll rates may be adjusted by the Airports Authority only after completion of a public rate-setting process during which the Airports Authority conducts one or more public hearings on proposed rate adjustments and obtains comments on the adjustments from the public. In addition, toll rates may be adjusted only after the Airports Authority consults with the Dulles Corridor Advisory Committee. The archive on this webpage details the public rate setting process that took place in 2018.
Public Hearing Materials
Click below to download materials from the 2018 public hearings:
- Press release, June 25, 2018, about the public comment period and hearing schedule
- Dulles Toll Rates Proposed Amendment and Traffic Study, June 2018
- Public hearing brochure
- Public hearing exhibits
- Dulles Toll Road rate setting questions and answers
- The public comment period ended August 3, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Reports following Public Hearings
- Report on public comments that followed the completion of public hearings, October 2018
- The Dulles Corridor Advisory Committee met on October 11, 2018
- Staff report presentation, November 14, 2018, to Airports Authority board committees
New Toll Rates Adopted November 2018
- Board of directors meeting agenda and presentation for November 14, 2018.
- View the resolution the board adopted, setting new toll rates.
- Press release, November 14, 2018, about the adoption of new toll rates
Public Hearing Information
In July 2018, the Airports Authority conducted three public hearings on a published set of proposed toll rate adjustments as follows:
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
5 – 8 p.m.
Spring Hill Elementary School
8201 Lewinsville Road
McLean, VA 22102
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
5 – 8 p.m.
South Lakes High School
11400 South Lakes Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Thursday, July 19, 2018
5 – 8 p.m.
Stone Bridge High School
43100 Hay Road
Ashburn, VA 20147
The Airports Authority's process to increase toll rates included an opportunity to all members of the public to make written comments on the proposed adjustments during the public hearings and on this website. The public comment period began on July 2, 2018 and ended at 11:59 p.m. on August 3, 2018.